I love the stories about the embarrassing things kids say. Mine don’t talk in complete sentences yet but over the past 1.5 years, we’ve had our “instances”. Here are some of my favorites:
1. When Josie was around 13 months old she came walking into the living room playing peak-a-boo with my bra during a family get-together.
2. A few months back I introduced my kids to stickers. They love them! The especially love to stick them on each other’s backs (because this is where I put their nametags every week at Gymboree). Therefore, I shouldn’t have been too stunned when Marcus recently walked into the kitchen with a pantyliner stuck on his back.
3. I recently pulled out a winter pullover from the back of my closet for someone to borrow and didn’t realize till I handed it to them that it was COVERED in spit-up (I’m not talking a few spots)… I had three 6-month-old refluxers last winter and obviously didn’t get everything washed. Coincidently, the same thing happened a few days later when I pulled out my favorite pair of winter shoes.
4. A few months back, an embarrassing item from “that drawer” ended up sitting in the playroom for days before I remembered to pick it up. We have lots of visitors here so I’m sure someone was over during that time…”kids toys these days”.
5. Today not one but two people stopped me at Super Target to hand me bananas that “I think you dropped.” (umm….more like my kids were chucking them out of the cart)
6. Last week Marcus came walking out of my closet with a pair of my underwear on his head saying “hat”. Ironically, his father did something similar in college.
7. The lovely thing with multiples is both sides of your bathing suit top can be pulled down simultaneously while in the pool. Even better, your choices are bare it all or drop one of your babies into the water to free your hand to cover back up (and unless your baby has passed their survival swim class, this is probably not a great option). Taking multiple toddlers swimming really requires a Speedo, even if you’re not swimming laps.
8. Around the kids first birthday, I thought it would be fun for us all to take a bubble bath together. It was a blast until 5 minutes in, I noticed Mia scooping up a few terds with her stacking cup. Never Again!
C’mon, you know you’ve got some of your own moments to share! Spill the beans!